Upgrade to SDK 26 from SDK 25

Followed the upgrade instructions to a tee, also tried a fresh install with the latest expo cli and expo ide and create-react native app.

Just need some tips to debug these errors, I’m guessing the touchstart might be to do with a custom scrollview library. Not sure about the undefined module, but on the medium post for upgrade instructions I saw at least two other incidents of the same error.

Hey @gregbenner, is your app detached?

Nope!
more characters so i can post.

Does anybody have an idea how to debug Unsupported top level event type topTouchStart dispatched

Is it possible to replace the push message service with 3rd party one?

I’ve seen that error when importing some haste module, but I couldn’t tell you which :thinking:
You might try creating a new project with the same package.json to at least tell if it’s coming from one of your dependencies or you own code.

Thanks, trying to add all the modules and test which is breaking one by one, but it’s super tedious. I saw later on haste-maps having an error but its unclear if that’s actually the root cause or just a chain reaction

This is just stickler stuff, but in updating some of my apps (expo not CRNA) the most important thing I’ve found is making sure your .babelrc is correct.

{
  "presets": ["babel-preset-expo"],
  "env": {
    "development": {
      "plugins": ["transform-react-jsx-source"]
    }
  }
}

And you add these to your devDependencies in package.json

"babel-preset-es2015": "^6.24.1",
 "babel-preset-stage-2": "^6.24.1",
1 Like

I’ve got decorators also for Mobx that doesn’t matter too much hey?

"presets": ["babel-preset-expo"],
  "env": {
    "development": {
      "plugins": [ "transform-decorators-legacy", "transform-react-jsx-source"]        
    }
  },
  "plugins": [[
    "module-resolver",
    {
      "root": ["./src"]
    }
  ]]
}```

I'll try updating the presets as per your suggestion right now it's

“babel-plugin-transform-decorators-legacy”: “^1.3.4”,
“babel-preset-es2015”: “^6.24.1”,
“babel-preset-react-native-stage-0”: “^1.0.1”,

Well after 10 days full time trying to debug this looks like they broke React Navigation. https://github.com/react-navigation/react-navigation/issues/3416
If you are using Mobx (everyone should) Looks like someone is working on a solution https://github.com/Javascript-Ninja/react-navigation-mobx-helpers

1 Like
closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.