Upload iOs: [iTMSTransporter] -Djava.ext.dirs=....../ext is not supported. Use -classpath instead.

Hi, unfortunately I can’t upload an iOS app to the AppStore. Here is the command I’m using:
expo upload:ios --company-name “NAME”

Below it the error message:
[23:57:17]: [iTMSTransporter] -Djava.ext.dirs=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/ContentDeliveryServices.framework/Versions/A/itms/java/lib/ext is not supported. Use -classpath instead.

[23:57:17]: [iTMSTransporter] Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

[23:57:17]: [iTMSTransporter] Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

[23:57:17]: iTunes Transporter output above ^
[23:57:17]: The call to the iTMSTransporter completed with a non-zero exit status: 1. This indicates a failure.
Failed to upload the standalone app to the App Store.
We recommend using Transporter.app (​https://apps.apple.com/us/app/transporter/id1450874784​) instead of the expo upload:ios command if you have any trouble with it.
Error uploading ipa file, for more information see above
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/vendor/ruby/2.2.0/gems/fastlane-2.146.1/fastlane_core/lib/fastlane_core/ui/interface.rb:141:in user_error!' /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/vendor/ruby/2.2.0/gems/fastlane-2.146.1/fastlane_core/lib/fastlane_core/ui/ui.rb:17:in method_missing’
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/vendor/ruby/2.2.0/gems/fastlane-2.146.1/pilot/lib/pilot/build_manager.rb:37:in upload' /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/app/pilot_upload.rb:20:in block in ’
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/app/funcs.rb:4:in with_captured_stderr' /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/app/pilot_upload.rb:12:in
Error: Error uploading ipa file, for more information see above
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/vendor/ruby/2.2.0/gems/fastlane-2.146.1/fastlane_core/lib/fastlane_core/ui/interface.rb:141:in user_error!' /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/vendor/ruby/2.2.0/gems/fastlane-2.146.1/fastlane_core/lib/fastlane_core/ui/ui.rb:17:in method_missing’
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/vendor/ruby/2.2.0/gems/fastlane-2.146.1/pilot/lib/pilot/build_manager.rb:37:in upload' /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/app/pilot_upload.rb:20:in block in ’
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/app/funcs.rb:4:in with_captured_stderr' /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/lib/app/pilot_upload.rb:12:in
at runFastlaneAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/upload/utils.ts:64:11)
at runMicrotasks ()
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:93:5)
at IOSUploader._uploadToTheStore (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/upload/IOSUploader.ts:196:5)
at IOSUploader.upload (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/upload/BaseUploader.ts:36:5)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/upload.ts:125:9
at Command. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/exp.ts:332:7)

expo diagnostics:

Expo CLI 3.28.2 environment info:
System:
Shell: 5.7.1 - /bin/zsh
Binaries:
Node: 15.0.1 - /usr/local/bin/node
Yarn: 1.22.10 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 7.0.3 - /usr/local/bin/npm
SDKs:
iOS SDK:
Platforms: iOS 14.2, DriverKit 20.0, macOS 11.0, tvOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1
IDEs:
Xcode: 12.2/12B5035g - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^39.0.3 => 39.0.3
react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-39.0.4.tar.gz => 0.63.2
react-native-web: ~0.13.12 => 0.13.18
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.28.2
Expo Workflow: managed

It looks like you have this Java parameter/option defined somewhere. Maybe in an environment variable? See if you can find out where this is defined and remove it.

Hi, thank you for your replay.
I don’t have such a parameter anywhere. May it be a problem with incompatible versions of tools?
Regards,
Anton

I have the same problem.

It happen on my mac.
once I try run it on bitrise.io, it also have the same error.

Will the Expo team resolve the problem as this is the last step of the CI.

Regards

it seems to be related to xcode [deliver] During Deliver process I get a Transporter error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine · Issue #15323 · fastlane/fastlane · GitHub
I think expo cli should update to support the CI.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.