uri-scheme doesn't find native project

Please run expo diagnostics and paste the log that’s printed out along with your question or issue!
Expo CLI 3.21.13 environment info:
System:
OS: Linux 5.6 Fedora 32 (Workstation Edition) 32 (Workstation Edition)
Shell: 5.0.17 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 12.16.3 - /usr/bin/node
npm: 6.14.5 - /usr/local/bin/npm
npmPackages:
expo: ~38.0.1 => 38.0.4
react: ~16.11.0 => 16.11.0
react-dom: ~16.11.0 => 16.11.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-38.0.0.tar.gz => 0.62.2
react-native-web: ~0.11.7 => 0.11.7
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.21.13

npm install uri-scheme
npx uri-scheme add myscheme
No URI schemes could be added. Please ensure there is a native project available.

Hey @chongma,

Based on the error printed out, I’m thinking you may be running the command with a Managed project which doesn’t have access to the necessary android and ios native directories OR you are running the command where the active/working directory is not a project with said native directories. Can you let me know if either of those is the case?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi @adamjnav,
i created the project with npx expo-cli init myproject. no it does not contain the android or ios directories. how would these be created?

You’ll need to create a Bare project during the expo init workflow, select Bare rather than Managed. Bare projects have the native directories available. You can read more about the difference here: Workflows - Expo Documentation

I selected blank rather than minimal. That is what my training course told me to do.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.