Validating credentials Error for building standand alone app

After running exp build:ios -c and following the prompts I get the following error.

[exp] Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with '-c') and try again. [exp] Unable to validate credentials. Request ID 21b31390-eb4e-11e7-9218-8548f12bee92, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

Still having issues with validating credentials but I have narrowed it down to an issue with my personal computer.
This is the output from my terminal

[exp] Making sure project is set up correctly...
[exp] Warning: Not using the Expo fork of react-native. See https://docs.expo.io/.
[exp] Your project looks good!
[exp] Checking if current build exists...
[exp] No currently active or previous builds for this project.
[exp] Removed existing credentials
? How would you like to upload your credentials?
 Expo handles all credentials, you can still provide overrides
We need your Apple ID/password to manage certificates and
provisioning profiles from your Apple Developer account.
Note: Expo does not keep your Apple ID or your Apple password.
? What's your Apple ID? stan@example.com
? Password? *********
[exp] Validating Credentials...
[exp] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[exp] undefined
[exp] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.
1 Like

can you try setting the EXPO_DEBUG env var to "true" and including the debug output generated by that?

I’m seeing the same issue using version 47.2.4

When I run the command EXPO_DEBUG=true exp build:ios I get the following error:

[exp] Validating Credentials...
[exp] [object Object]
[exp] undefined
[exp] undefined

@noxee Hi, can you please try with the latest version 47.2.11

Finally got an opportunity to try with DEBUG enabled

Updated to the latest Exp CLI and this is the output. Looks like I am validated as a user but it is looking for an app.

Now producing files for pushCert{ result: ‘failure’,
reason: ‘Unknown reason’,
rawDump: ‘Could not find app with bundle id ‘com.stanwilsonjr.wodstatus’’ }
[exp] {}
[exp] Reason:Unknown reason, raw:“Could not find app with bundle id ‘com.stanwilsonjr.wodstatus’”
[exp] Error: Reason:Unknown reason, raw:"Could not find app with bundle id ‘com.stanwilsonjr.wodstatus’"
at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/Users/Edgar/universe/dev/exp/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:354:13)
at IOSBuilder._callee5$ (/Users/Edgar/universe/dev/exp/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:265:14)
at tryCatch (/Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:62:40)
at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:296:22)
at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:114:21)
at step (/Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
at /Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
at
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

Hi Stan, can you try again with exp 47.3.3 and if it doesn’t work, the output of it also with EXPO_DEBUG=true.

Updated and i have the same issue… What is the process to create the bundle id?

Now producing files for pushCert{ result: 'failure',
reason: 'Unknown reason',
rawDump: 'Could not find app with bundle id \'com.stanwilsonjr.wodstatus\'' }
[exp] {}
[exp] Reason:Unknown reason, raw:"Could not find app with bundle id 'com.stanwilsonjr.wodstatus'"
[exp] Error: Reason:Unknown reason, raw:"Could not find app with bundle id 'com.stanwilsonjr.wodstatus'"
    at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/Users/Edgar/universe/dev/exp/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:354:13)
    at IOSBuilder._callee5$ (/Users/Edgar/universe/dev/exp/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:265:14)
    at tryCatch (/Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:62:40)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:296:22)
    at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:114:21)
    at step (/Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
    at /Users/stanwilsonjr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.2.0/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

@stanwilsonjr Sorry about that, I think I published a version incorrectly. Can you try again with the newest version. I also made it a bit more lenient about when to make the app (its part of the whole pipeline)

@edgar Same issue with 47.3.5

@stanwilsonjr Thanks for your patience, I have a reproducible test case now, so I am fixing it now. Will have a fix available soon, probably within the hour.

Thanks man … may be able to hop back in this in the morning

@stanwilsonjr sure thing, its 47.3.6 when you get a chance

Things look good App ID was generated and I was able to generate an .ipa file. Thanks for your help and I will attempt to add to Test Flight.

1 Like

I am new to this who ios deployment. I was impatient and i did exp build:ios -c

now when i run exp build:ios it asks me to my credentials. When i put them in i get this error

Any chance someone could walk me through the process to fix this. I dont know how to get the build id

Error while gathering & validating credentials
[exp] Reason:Multiple profiles found with the name
Please remove the duplicate profiles and try again. There were errors in the data supplied. Please correct and re-submit

Upload was successful

1 Like

Hi, please make new forum posts when you have your own, separate issues.

This means you already have a provisioning profile, please remove it from developer.apple.com and then try again with -c so that you start from a clean slate.

Hey Guys, same issue here
EXPO_DEBUG=true exp build:ios

closed #20

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.