Vibration not working on iOS

Hi!
In my project with Expo SDK 37, the main core of the app is the native Vibration api (Vibration.vibrate).
I know that iOS can’t handle an integer vibration pattern, so I made it as an array, [100].
Now, when I call Vibration.vibrate([100]), or even with the repeated version, Vibration.vibrate([100], true), that doesn’t seem to work, on iOS, while works on my Android device.
I don’t have an iOS device to test, but a week ago I asked to a friend of mine to test on his iPhone 6S my app with the Expo client, and vibration wasn’t working.

For what I can see, Appetize emulators can’t tell me in any way if the device is vibrating or not, even when runned in Expo snacks.
Also, I don’t own an iOS device, so, I can’t test iOS device perfectly and replicate it.

But, I had the crazy idea to activate Accelerometer on Expo snacks using expo-sensors, and, when runned on an Android device emulated with Appetize.io, Vibration.vibrate([100]) triggers the Accelerometer’s vibration; the same goes for my physical Android device; Appetize’s emulated iOS device, instead, doesn’t.
I can’t rely on this test and trust it 100%, but, anyway, that does seem to confirm that vibration doesn’t work on iOS devices.

Why though? Did I do something wrong? Maybe Vibration API is not accessible anymore on newer iOS versions?
Right now I’m testing it in a very, very, easy snack.

/* bla bla bla various imports */
import { Vibration, } from 'react-native';

export default class App extends React.Component {
  constructor() {
    super();
  }

makeVibration() {
    Vibration.vibrate([100]);
  }

render() {
    return (
      <View style={styles.container}>
        <TouchableHighlight onPress={this.makeVibration}>
          <Text style={styles.paragraph}>Press here to test vibration.</Text>
        </TouchableHighlight>
      </View>
    );
  }
}

/* bla bla bla various styling */

Maybe can someone replicate it on his iOS device and test the snack? Vibration example - Snack here it is, a simple fork of another old vibration testing snack.

Also, does anyone know a way I can test iOS vibration on an emulator, without owning a Mac or an iOS device? Appetize doesn’t seem to give relevant informations about vibration.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.