Weird exp:// URL

When starting my expo app, I’m getting this long string of random text within the exp:// url.
Since this text is being injected, I cannot scan the QR to access the app.
The iOS simulator also fails to recognize this url.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Hey @ikejs,

I just tested and was unable to reproduce this issue when starting up a project. Can you let me know what OS you are on as well as what version of expo-cli you’re using? Lastly, does this happen with every project you try to start?

Cheers,
Adam

it looks like this is an expokit project. i imagine you either ran expo eject or you were handed this project from someone else without context on it. this is expected for expokit.

you can migrate to bare workflow if you want (info) or remove anything related to expokit from package.json and app.json (compare it to a new managed project created with expo init for reference)

Hi @adamjnav,

Thanks for looking into this!
Nope, it’s just happening with this one app, not any others. This app was written a few years ago so I think that has something to do with it.
I’m on macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and expo-cli 3.27.14
Here’s my package.json

Yes this project was handed from another dev and was written a few years ago, this makes sense. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.