Why use React - pros and cons?

Hey there!

I have build my app Free trading learning game - Trading Game on angularjs and cordova. Now i am thinking about new app, which i want to build with React. Can you please tell me some pros and cons from your experience?

Hi @roxana007! Thanks for writing in!

There is a big difference between React and React Native. If you want to understand the differences between React, AngularJS, Ember, Riot, Inferno, Preact, Mithril, Batman, Backbone, etc, it is another conversation.

But if you want to know more about why React Native is a good choice, here are some high level ideas for you:

1. You can write code once, and deploy a native IOS and Android Application.

2. Instead of Cordova, which is an advanced web view, React Native apps behave and perform the same as native mobile applications. (They are native mobile applications).

3. React’s ideology and philosophy around components allows for reuse of code in a very sane and predictable way, which is really great for applications of all sizes!

4. It’s popular, so you can find tutorials and help all over the internet. Unfortunately tutorials can get outdated fast since the ecosystem is growing and changing rapidly.

Some homework for you, would be to look up some of the advantages between building a native mobile application and a web view application. If you find the trade offs to be in React Native’s favor you may feel more confident in your choice!

We love React Native at Expo so of course we have a little bias :slight_smile:

Best of luck! Let us know if we can be of any more help.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.