Win 10 update breaking Expo XDE tunneling? (Fixed)

Hi all

Update: I uninstalled/reinstalled XDE, which fixed the issue

I just installed the latest feature release of Win 10 x64, and while my whole system seems to be fine, Expo XDE cannot establish a tunnel to my Android device anymore. Other apps (e.g. Visual Studio with Xamarin) do not have a problem. I also tried restarting Windows, but that didn’t change anything.

Errors:

Upon opening, I’m seeing this error:

Switched to a LAN URL because the tunnel appears to be down. Only devices in the same network can access the app. You can restart the project to try reconnecting.

If I try to open on my Android device anyway, Expo shows this error:

Couldn’t start project on Android: ‘adb’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Now, my [android sdk]/platform-tools folder is indeed on in the system’s PATH variable (but I have ANDROID_HOME), but that wasn’t an issue anyway. Also, if I manually add the path, the error about adb not being found goes away, but the tunnel still can’t be established on XDE startup, and trying to run the app on my device starts the app on the device, but crashes there (probably due to the missing tunnel).

Thanks for your advice!

UPDATE: Reinstalling Expo XDE seems to have done the trick. I just uninstalled/reinstalled without an OS restart, and the tunnel is now created again.