I’ve been working on an expo appt he last few weeks and I just changed my working enviroment from Ubuntu 20.04 to Windows 10 and for the love of god I can’t get it to work. Every time I open expo (expo start) and I try to read the QR Code it ends in Network responde timed out.
I have tried the following:
- Made sure the phone and computer are on the same WiFi network.
- Disabled firewall in the computer.
- Deleted node_modules and did npm install.
- Deleted the expo cache by doing expo start -c.
- Open the app via usb debugging (even this gives network response timed out)
- Tunnel instead of LAN (Also the same error)
- Android Studio Emulator (also timed out)
Sometimes some of these steps solve the issue, other times they don’t. The thing is, with the same computer and the same network on Ubuntu it works consistenly while in windows 10 it works whenever it feels like it.
¿Any Idea how to get it working consistenly?
Here are my expo diagnostics output:
Expo CLI 3.26.2 environment info: System: OS: Windows 10 10.0.19041 Binaries: Node: 12.18.3 - D:\nodejs\node.EXE npm: 6.14.6 - D:\nodejs\npm.CMD npmPackages: expo: ~37.0.3 => 37.0.7 react: ~16.9.0 => 16.9.0 react-dom: ~16.9.0 => 16.9.0 react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-37.0.1.tar.gz => 0.61.4 react-native-web: ~0.11.7 => 0.11.7 react-navigation: ^4.3.7 => 4.3.8