looking at this link: https://docs.expo.io/distribution/building-standalone-apps/ it seems like it is possible to side load an IOS App to an IOS Device.
I am on Windows - but I guess I could create a VM with MacOS. The question I have is, before I make all this steps is if you need to have a paid Developer Account or something similar…
The way I understand this ist that:
- I create a VM where I install MacOS
- I expo build my app for IOS
- I can download the app bundle or however IOS does this
- I connect my IOS Device and in XCode I press Add App
- Now I can drag my App file into my Phone
- Just like in Android I can start my IOS Expo App directly on the Device
- Everything works fine - the App doenst ever need to be put into the App Store and even OTA Updates work
Has someone actually managed to Side Load an Expo IOS App in their life?
Please correct me on my Steps if they are wrong.