npm install -g expo-cli
expo init AwesomeProject
cd AwesomeProject
yarn start

But I get this response:

$ expo start
Starting project at C:\Users\Bruce\Dropbox\Projects\React-native\AwesomeProject
Expo DevTools is running at http://localhost:19002
Opening DevTools in the browser… (press shift-d to disable)
Warning: This project contains unoptimized assets. Please run expo optimize in your project directory.
error Cannot find module ‘buffer-crc32’.

How can I fix this?

Hmm, sorry @martinduo I’ve never seen this error crop up before. That is a dependency in the template projects, although I’m not sure why it’s having trouble. What version of the expo-cli are you using?

I don’t know the version, I had just downloaded the file and installed it 5 minutes before continuing. Anyway I’ve given up on using Expo with React-Native. I’ve already deleted all the files. I’ll just stick with normal React and web apps. Thanks for replying.

Ah okay, best of luck then!

For anyone finding this issue in the future after searching- most likely this is an installation issue, and I’d suggest reinstalling by following these instructions. If you have issues, feel free to @ me here or create a new post!

sir i am using expo cli 2.20.2 same warning message showing it

@pkbiswal- have you tried reinstalling? For some reason, it must not have installed that dependency correctly

yes sir i am remove it then install it same warning message showing it

run yarn start with EXPO_DEBUG=true, that may shed some light on the issue

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.