Admob component is not showing ads on real device after build

Please provide the following:

  1. SDK Version: 36.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

I have the same problem as a lot people on this forum. I used the expo Admob lib to implement AdMob banners and interstitial Ads on my App. When running through expo cli on my emulator it works perfectly. When I use real adUnitID it show a real ad. However, after buildling the apk and installing on real devices, the Ads are not showing anymore.

My implementation is quite simple:

<AdMobBanner
	bannerSize="mediumRectangle"
	adUnitID={'ca-app-pub-my-key/my-key'}
	onAdViewDidReceiveAd={() => adReceived('success')}
	onDidFailToReceiveAdWithError={() => adReceived('err')}
/>

adReceived(arg) - it’s just a logger, which save results, do I have success request to Google ad server or not.
On real device I have err messages. So, it looks like then app doesn’t have permission to making request to the internet.

I don’t have paremission section in my app.json, and any other specific setting in this file. According to Configuration with app.json page - To use ALL permissions supported by Expo, do not specify the "permissions" key.

I found on this forum a lot of relevant topics, for example:
first, second, and I have three more.
And no one provided any solution.

If I should provide some additional information, please specify what I need to add.
If there is a solution to this, which I didn’t find then please add the link/
Let’s help to resolve this question once and forever for all developers.
Thanks!

Does anybody have some ideas?

Whats the error message?
Have u set up the googleMobileAdsAppId in app.json?
Are ur admob google acount new?
I had a similar problem with code working only in dev mode, it was a problem with my new admob account, you need link the app with google play store in admob console, and set up a finantial account option too. Its taking some time to google aprove because of cornona virus, after a few days it was working no neded set up any permission

hey, thanks for your answers

I don’t check it, just implement prop onDidFailToReceiveAdWithError, but I test it.

couple of months

hmm, so as I understand, without these settings I cannot see ads on the real device but everything can work on dev env. Am I right? Could you please share some links about this?

In my case i searched for the returned error message from onDidFailToReceiveAdWithError

https://developers.google.com/admob/android/banner#ad_events

  • ERROR_CODE_INTERNAL_ERROR - Something happened internally; for instance, an invalid response was received from the ad server.
  • ERROR_CODE_INVALID_REQUEST - The ad request was invalid; for instance, the ad unit ID was incorrect.
  • ERROR_CODE_NETWORK_ERROR - The ad request was unsuccessful due to network connectivity.
  • ERROR_CODE_NO_FILL - The ad request was successful, but no ad was returned due to lack of ad inventory.

options in admob to check

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.