Android 7 does not show push notification

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 36
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS

Hi Guys,
My push notification are working well in Android 8. When a push notification is received, the notification is shown at popup windows at the top of screen, but in Android 7 the notification is received, I hear the sound but the notification is not shown on the screen, only show the logo in the notification bar.
I read that Android 7 does not handle notification channels and Expo apply just some of the configuration from Notifications.createChannelAndroidAsync() and this might be the cause but, Is there a way in EXPO to send push notification in different ways depending on the Android version in order to have the Push Notification shown in the screen in Android version 7 and below?
Thanks in advanced for your help.

Are you talking about showing a “heads-up” notification in a rectangle at the top of the screen (like iOS notifications)? You can try setting priority to “max” on your notification channel. I wasn’t even sure that was an option in Android 7 or earlier, but this doc seems to suggest it is Create and Manage Notification Channels  |  Android Developers

Thanks @llamaluvr.
Yes, that what I meant.

I already set priority to “max” but still does not show the notification in Android 7.
This is how I have the channel created:

Notifications.createChannelAndroidAsync('updates', {
        name: 'updates',
        priority: 'max',
        vibrate: [0, 250, 250, 250],
      });

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.