Android Push message failed

Hi Expo community!

There’s no problem with IOS!
on android Push message,Whether it’s a real machine apk setup or expo client, always return results:
{
message: “The recipient “ExponentPushToken[ty9GJXN_5Z0aCJ56Xuu_oC]” isn’t associated with any device”,
details: {
error: “DeviceNotRegistered”
}
},
{
message: “The recipient “ExponentPushToken[ty9GJXN_5Z0aCJ56Xuu_oC]” isn’t associated with any device”,
details: {
error: “DeviceNotRegistered”
}
}

Hi there, are you using the exact same code on both platforms?

Yes, use exactly the same code on both platforms

1 Like

Hey, maybe obvious, but have you checked the ExponentPushToken? It may have changed in the meantime. Ran into the same issue while developing some time ago…

try to send notification using Postman first. I think it’s the easiest way to make test if you don’t have a backend yet

1 Like

Have you received permission from the user to send push notifications? If not, the device will not get registered with the Expo push notification service.

I had the same problem, and I find:
1 - When I launch App, App dont’t ask for notification permission,
2 - Eevn if I turn off Notification on Config let { status } = await Permissions.askAsync(Permissions.NOTIFICATIONS); return granted.;
my development environment is:
Android Emulator: Nexus_5X_API_26
Expo Client: 2.1.1
Exp SdkVersion: 23.0.0

For whom may still be interested I found that when you add the “badge” property in the push notification for android it gives you the ok status but doesn’t show you the notification then all the next ones are blocked untill you uninstall and reinstall the app (so you get a new token).

So make sure you are not using the badge property when you push to android.
That was my issue,

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.