Please provide the following:
- SDK Version: 40, managed wf
- Platforms: Android
Hey everyone, I came across an issue when trying to upgrade to the newest Expo version.
The issue only occurs to me on Android only (after opening through Expo and as a standalone app).
The problem is when I run my app, I get
"Animated node with id 2 already exists" error which does not allow me to get through. On standalone app, it just shows splashscreen, and then it turns to whitescreen, and that is it.
I am almost sure that there’s a conflict of reanimated versions (there was a newer version of reanimated injected into expo-39). I have a dep library that uses 1.9.0, and expo 39 (and 40) needs reanimated 1.13.0.
What I have already tried:
- rm -rf node_modules && npm install (came from Animated node with ID 2 already exists · Issue #15 · alexZajac/react-native-skeleton-content-nonexpo · GitHub)
- downgrading to expo-38 (works fine, but I’d like to upgrade to the newest)
- removing the library which “causes” the issue – react-native-skeleton-content (it could help, but in that case, I’ll have to implement the same myself)
- mentioning “react-native-reanimated”: “1.9.0” in package.json explicitly (does not help)
What could possibly go wrong and how to get over that? Thank you!