Can I re-detach to fix a persistent Xcode build error?

I detached to ExpoKit recently and everything was going pretty well for a week or so thereafter, but now I can’t get a successful build in Xcode, following a failed install of a package.

I tried unsuccessfully to install and link react-native-image-picker, as described in my StackOverflow question here: ios - Xcode build fails after installing package. Uninstalling package doesn't fix it. How to recover? - Stack Overflow – Following this failed install, and attempts to remedy it, I can no longer get a successful build in Xcode.

This was my first time detaching to ExpoKit, so I’m not very experienced with these workflows. I’m wondering if there is a possible solution on the Expo side of things. That is, can I re-detach somehow? Should I? Thanks. I am just trying to get my project working again, so I can resume coding/testing.

ps – I see it’s possible to undetach. That probably means I can undetach and then re-detach, and that might fix my problem. https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/expokit/advanced-expokit-topics.html

And the answer evidently is yes, I can undetach and then re-detach. Doing so fixed my issue. I’m now able to get a successful build in Xcode.

2 Likes

Thats awesome, let us know if theres anything in the documentation we can change to improve your developer experience!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.