Cannot determine which native SDK version your project uses because the module `expo` is not installed. Please install it with `yarn add expo` and try again.

I am new to React-Native and Expo. I executed the " Setting up the development environment" commands , and get error when trying expo start :

Cannot determine which native SDK version your project uses because the module `expo` is not installed. Please install it with `yarn add expo` and try again.
    ├─ getExpoSDKVersion C:\Users\boulanger\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\@expo\config\src\Project.ts:23:9
    ├─ ensureConfigHasDefaultValues C:\Users\boulanger\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\@expo\config\src\Config.ts:478:18
    ├─ fillAndReturnConfig C:\Users\boulanger\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\@expo\config\src\Config.ts:103:10
    ├─ getConfig C:\Users\boulanger\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\@expo\config\src\Config.ts:179:10
    ├─ C:\Users\boulanger\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\commands\utils\profileMethod.ts:16:21
    ├─ action C:\Users\boulanger\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\commands\start.ts:29:24
    ├─ C:\Users\boulanger\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\commands\start.ts:124:22
    └─ expo start C:\Users\boulanger\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\exp.ts:349:7

expo diagnostics output:

Expo CLI 4.3.2 environment info:
    System:
    Binaries:
      Node: 14.16.0 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
      npm: 7.7.4 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
    IDEs:
      Android Studio: Version  4.1.0.0 AI-201.8743.12.41.7042882
    Expo Workflow: managed

what should i do ?

is expo installed? If not, you should follow the suggestion in the error message and run yarn add expo

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.