ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:19001 - Usual fixes not helping (Resolved)

connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:19001
Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:19001
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1106:14)

I’ve run into this a number of times and usually expo start, loading up the development project, and then trying expo publish again works. No luck.

Tried rebooting, disabling my firewall, clearing my haste and metro caches, checking if I had anything occupying the port with netstat -a but nothing I do resolves this error suddenly.

I recently upgraded from Expo-CLI 3.0.9 to 3.0.10. I can’t imagine that’s the cause, but it’s the only thing that stands out.

Expo CLI 3.0.10 environment info:
    System:
    Binaries:
      Yarn: 1.17.3 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yarn\bin\yarn.CMD
      npm: 6.2.0 - C:\Users\Remie\AppData\Roaming\npm\npm.CMD
    IDEs:
      Android Studio: Version  2.3.0.0 AI-162.3871768

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Currently dead in the water and out of ideas.

Fixed by deleting the .expo folder.

This sounds a lot like: Expo server crashes often. · Issue #519 · expo/expo-cli · GitHub, which isn’t fixed yet
I found it happens if I connect an iOS device/ simulator and an Android device and then don’t refresh for 5 or so minutes. Swiping closed Expo on the Android device once I’m done with it usually keeps it from happening again. Some have reported that installing Expo as a project dependency prevents the issue, but that hasn’t been my experience so far.

It’s really weird, because I’d almost never been seeing this issue, and now I’ve run into it 3 times since I posted the resolution earlier, seemingly no matter what I exit first and how. I updated to Expo-CLI@3.0.10 yesterday, and the issue began after that. Too little data to say that’s the cause, but it sticks out in my mind.

Yep, every single time I publish or build now I have to delete the .expo folder for it to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.