Ejected / detached app: provision profile build errors

Hello,

Detach / Eject & Provisioning Profiles

I’m having an issue attempting to build with XCode using an ejected application. What is strange is that when I let expo build using ‘exp build:ios’ it builds without issue. I also had expo generate all certificates, profiles, etc. But after ejecting the app and attempting to build (using a hosted macOS instance in Visual Studio Team Services or Microsoft’s AppCenter) it always fails when attempting to sign the build. When attempting my build I’m using the same provisioning profiles and p12 certificates that I let expo generate.

Is there something special about the name or slug attributes in the app.json file that gets modified during an expo iOS build? In my app.json file, the slug is ‘appname’ and in the ios object the bundleIdentifier value is ‘com.domain.appname’. Should the slug be the same as the bundleIdentifier?

Here is the build error I get from xcodebuild, happens during checking dependencies:

Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile “com.domain.appname AppStore” has app ID “com.domain.appname”, which does not match the bundle ID “appname”.
Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile “com.domain.appname AppStore” doesn’t match the entitlements file’s value for the application-identifier entitlement.

Again, Expo is using the exact same certificates and profiles (to my knowledge) when it builds but my external build doesn’t seem to like the same certificates and profiles.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.