ERROR ITMS-90596 when uploading Expo IPA with Transporter

Hello, I’m having an issue with my Expo built IPA when I’m trying to upload it with the transporter -
I’m using a Linux system for development and I have an older Macbook Pro 2011 that I’m using for Transporter(supported to Os x snow lion)

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.54.37 AM

I’ve tried following up with the previous ‘issues’ on Expo CLI Github and I’ve updated NPM packages, however, they are rather old and they aren’t pertinent.

My question is that with a Linux system, is there anything I can do to tackle this issue? In my research, I’ve seen people fix this issue by updating Xcode, however those were mostly for the use of application loader.

Likewise, if I had to gain access to a newer Apple to complete this successfully, what are the steps I’m missing?

Thanks I really appreciate any help, this is my first build so I’m a bit in the weeds.

I’m updating this with the Expo Diagnostics information for my systems as it may be needed as pointed out in this post here

Macbook:
Expo CLI 3.15.4 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
    Binaries:
      Node: 13.10.1 - /usr/local/bin/node
      npm: 6.13.7 - /usr/local/bin/npm
    IDEs:
      Xcode: /undefined - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      expo: ~36.0.0 => 36.0.2 
      react: ~16.9.0 => 16.9.0 
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-36.0.0.tar.gz => 0.61.4 
      react-navigation: ^4.3.2 => 4.3.2 
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 3.15.4

ubuntu:
  Expo CLI 3.17.24 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 4.4.20 - /bin/bash
    Binaries:
      Node: 13.14.0 - /usr/bin/node
      npm: 6.14.4 - /usr/bin/npm
    npmPackages:
      expo: ~36.0.0 => 36.0.2
      react: ~16.9.0 => 16.9.0
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-36.0.0.tar.gz => 0.61.4
      react-navigation: ^4.3.9 => 4.3.9
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 3.17.24

Updating this if it can help anyone in the future =>

On my Macbook 2011 I could see in the diagnostics that my Xcode version was undefined.
Xcode: /undefined - /usr/bin/xcodebuild

1: I installed Xcode 10.1 and moved to applications folder
2: ran the diagnostics again and confirmed that now Xcode was defined.
3: ran expo build:ios
4: uploaded the IPA to transporter successfully

The build from the Macbook at that point was able to upload with Transporter, my knowledge must be limited because I’m not sure how it could get done with just Ubuntu.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.