expo build:ios failed after Apple Developer Program membership has been renewed

Hello,

My Apple Developer Program membership has been automatically renewed on March 7, 2019.

Yesterday and today I tried to build a new .ipa making some expo build:ios but I am facing the following error in the build logs :

Error: codesign ident not present in find-identity: C1F8987319AB3EA6B5B6A4230487F2C08E88B011
Looking for identities matching "(xxxxxxxxxxxxx)"
     0 valid identities found

at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/turtle-js/node_modules/xdl/build/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:17:13)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at step (/usr/local/turtle-js/node_modules/xdl/build/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:230:191)
    at /usr/local/turtle-js/node_modules/xdl/build/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:230:361
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:229:7)

After reading some topics related to this kind of error, I tried an expo build:ios -c

There is a new version of expo-cli available (2.11.6).
You are currently using expo-cli 2.3.8
Run `npm install -g expo-cli` to get the latest version
[10:05:21] Making sure project is set up correctly...
[10:05:23] Your project looks good!
[10:05:24] Checking if current build exists...

[10:05:25] No currently active or previous builds for this project.
[10:05:25] We do not have some credentials for you, pushP12,pushPassword,provisioningProfile,certP12,certPassword
? How would you like to upload your credentials?
 Expo handles all credentials, you can still provide overrides

We need your Apple ID/password to manage certificates and
provisioning profiles from your Apple Developer account.

Note: Expo does not keep your Apple ID or your Apple password.

? What's your Apple ID? xxxxxxxx@gmail.com
? Password? [hidden]
[10:05:41] Validating Credentials...
[10:05:47] Only 1 team associated with your account, using Team ID: JRP6SMZL5Y
? Will you provide your own Distribution Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
? Will you provide your own Push Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
[10:06:06] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[10:06:06] Reason: Unexpected response, raw: {
  "responseId": "88b8028b-8d08-4173-a87d-3d450311e614",
  "resultCode": 7460,
  "resultString": "Maximum number of certificates generated",
  "userString": "You already have a current Apple Push Services certificate or a pending certificate request.",
  "creationTimestamp": "2019-03-08T09:06:06Z",
  "protocolVersion": "QH65B2",
  "userLocale": "en_US",
  "requestUrl": "https://developer.apple.com/services-account/QH65B2/account/ios/certificate/submitCertificateRequest.action",
  "httpCode": 200
}
[10:06:06] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

Do you have any idea how to deal with it?

Hi

There is limit on how many distribution certificates you can have on apple developer portal. You need to revoke one of them and repeat build. -c cleared credentials from expos servers but not from apple.

Hi

I tried to revoke all certificates, Apple Push Services and Provisioning Profiles in order to restart from a clean sheet and next run a exp build:ios -c but I have the following error :

? Will you provide your own Distribution Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
? Will you provide your own Push Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
[12:30:12] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[12:30:12] Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"

We are not supporting exp command anymore. Install expo-cli npm -g i expo-cli and run expo build:ios -c new certificate should be generated.

Thanks a lot. It works fine now :+1:t3:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.