expo eject => Unable to install expokit@1.7.1.

I’m trying to run expo eject for a expo 30.0.0 project but it fails to install expokit.

Validating project manifest...
Skipping iOS because you are not running macOS.
Writing ExpoKit configuration...
Installing 'expokit' package...
Unable to install expokit@1.7.1.
Please install manually to complete detaching.
Finished detaching your project! Look in the `android` and `ios` directories for the respective native projects. Follow the ExpoKit guide at https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/expokit.html to get your project running.
[23:22:13] Ejected successfully!

I also tried installing it manually using npm install expokit@1.7.1 but I still get the error when I run exp detach.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes

"exp publish" breaks my detached app. Assets and Vector Icons not displayed anymore.

Hey @dfels,

What version of the CLI are you running? Pinging internally about this as well.

Cheers,

Adam

0 Likes

This error message means the command npm install --save expokit@1.7.1 failed for some reason. As a workaround you can just run npm install --save expokit@1.7.1 after the eject command has finished with this error. You don’t have to run eject/detach again after that, because installing the expokit package is the final step of ejecting.

0 Likes

@adamjnav I am running version 2.2.4

@fson I installed it using npm install --save expokit@1.7.1 and got this as result:

npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /sane/fsevents:
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture: fsevents@1.2.4
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/dfels/react_native_projects/project/node_modules/fsevents/package.json'
npm WARN eslint-plugin-react-native@3.5.0 requires a peer of eslint@^3.17.0 || ^4 || ^5 but none was installed.
npm WARN expo-camera@1.1.0 requires a peer of react@^16.4.0 but none was installed.
npm WARN expo-gl@1.0.2 requires a peer of react@^16.4.0 but none was installed.
npm WARN react-native-maps@0.21.0 requires a peer of react-native@^0.51 || ^0.52 || ^0.53 || ^0.54 but none was installed.
npm WARN react-native-reanimated@1.0.0-alpha.6 requires a peer of react@16.0.0-alpha.6 but none was installed.
npm WARN react-native-reanimated@1.0.0-alpha.6 requires a peer of react-native@^0.44.1 but none was installed.

Out of curiosity I tried to run expo eject again and I’m still getting the Unable to install expokit@1.7.1. error.
So do you think the eject was successful and I can start working on the project now?

Thank you guys.

0 Likes

Those warnings can be ignored.

The “Unable to install expokit” error means the eject was successful otherwise, but just installing that package with npm failed. You can run npm install --save expokit@1.7.1 and then start working on the project.

0 Likes

Are you tried with yarn? Expo team love yarn.

0 Likes

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes