Expo, exp detach then fail url qr

#1

Hi. I did a detach of an app to learn how is the use of Expokit and after it finished, I saw that everything was fine. Then create another project from scratch using $ exp init, everything goes fine but at the moment of generating the url that generates the code qr it returns a value that I never saw and the QR code does not work from the XDE and from the console using $ exp start no generates the qr code directly.

The address that generates me is the following, working in the local network:

expd0c9eb96b90f41e6958e7a6cd948dc0d://192.168.1.4:19000

If from the Expo client on the cell phone entry: exp://192.168.1.4:19000 it works fine, but I do not understand why it appears:

“expd0c9eb96b90f41e6958e7a6cd948dc0d”.

Can you help me solve it?
Thank you.

PS: Before doing the detach everything worked fine without problems. Now uninstall the exp client, delete the ~/.expo folder and reinstall everything again but keep doing the same.

0 Likes

#2

Hey there. Your detached ExpoKit project is not designed to load in Expo Client any more, since it supports custom native code. Since it opens in a different app, it uses a custom URL scheme like exp<uuid>.

To run an ExpoKit project, use Xcode or Android Studio instead of Expo Client. See this article for more info.

0 Likes

#3

Hi ben, if I read that in the instructions, even once the detach is done you can not go back. But I refer to the other projects that I have in Expo without doing detach the same thing happens to me, when I return a long url that is not what I usually see when I work on my Expo projects.

0 Likes

#4

Hi Ben, I must have another problem because I opened another old project and generates the url and the QR code well. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

#5

I already found my mistake! When I did the detach and saw that everything worked fine, knowing that I could not go back to the project, I copied my files and folders (except for the ios and android folders) and when creating the new project I wrote everything in the new project, among them the app.json file. After talking to you (I did not realize to enter before, sorry), I saw that in the end was the key “isDetached”: “true” and well … I removed that and everything worked again!
I leave this here in case it happens to someone else.
Greetings and happy holidays!

Leandro.

1 Like

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes