.getExpoPushTokenAsync not returning token

1. SDK Version: 39
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

I’ve seen this many times but no answer… I’m not getting a push token back from…

if (Device.isDevice) {
console.log(‘getting token’)
token = await Notifications.getExpoPushTokenAsync()
console.log(‘got token’)
} else {
console.log(‘push notifications are only available on physical devices’)
return
}

console prints: ‘getting token’, then nothing.

I also added the snack, pushnotifications - Snack, to expo and it does not return anything.

After reading some things about issues with WiFi and other ‘network issues’ that can affect notifications on iOS, I thought I should mention that I am using a WiFi only iPhone in Nicaragua. I did try using my hotspot on Android and connecting to that, but even though the Android is using a cell network, the hotspot is still WiFi.

One of my colleagues encountered this problem during the early stages of developement on our app. If I remember correctly, the problem was fixed when we upgraded the Expo client app on the phone we used to test the app on.

Thanks… I just checked and there is no update in the app store so I must have the latest version. I’m wondering if SDK 40 has a fix (I’m using 39). Very reluctant to try that though since upgrading from 32 to 39 broke over 50% of my components and took over a month to get working again.

I had the same Issue and got it fixed by changing all the letters to lower in package name in app.json.
Don’t forget to change the same in Google API as well.

thanks
alexsunny

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Thanks for that info @alexsunny123 . Once I revisit the issue I will definitely try that and post if it worked for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.