How to submit app to app store from ejected expo project.

Hello everybody.
I’m very happy to work with this forum and to get your help.
I have a issue when submit the app to both app store in ejected expo project.

I have create a expo project and worked with this project. After sometime need to use native code, so ejected project. Project worked well.

Finally to submit app to both app store(Google Play Store, Apple Store), I have make a standalone apps(ipa, apk) from Xcode and Android Studio.
And install this app on device, but app require expo link like below image.

(Above screenshot is for android. And ios is same.)

Below is my app json file:

{
“expo”: {
“name”: “neighborhood”,
“description”: “This project is really great.”,
“slug”: “neighborhood”,
“privacy”: “public”,
“sdkVersion”: “30.0.0”,
“platforms”: [
“ios”,
“android”
],
“version”: “1.0.0”,
“orientation”: “portrait”,
“icon”: “./src/assets/images/icon.png”,
“notification”: {
“icon”: “./src/assets/images/notification_icon.png”,
“color”: “#000000
},
“updates”: {
“fallbackToCacheTimeout”: 0
},
“assetBundlePatterns”: [
/"
],
“ios”: {
“supportsTablet”: true,
“bundleIdentifier”: "
",
“publishBundlePath”: “ios/neighborhood/Supporting/shell-app.bundle”,
“publishManifestPath”: “ios/neighborhood/Supporting/shell-app-manifest.json”
},
“android”: {
“package”: "
****”,
“publishBundlePath”: “android/app/src/main/assets/shell-app.bundle”,
“publishManifestPath”: “android/app/src/main/assets/shell-app-manifest.json”
},
“isDetached”: true,
“detach”: {
“iosExpoViewUrl”: “https://s3.amazonaws.com/exp-exponent-view-code/ios-v2.8.4-sdk30.0.0-3de13133-1adc-4ba1-8569-a84011e570b4.tar.gz”,
“androidExpoViewUrl”: “https://s3.amazonaws.com/exp-exponent-view-code/android-v2.8.1-sdk30.0.0-271c32ab-0715-4dfb-8270-ecead3679bb4.tar.gz
},
“scheme”: “expe0dee74a172e495fbe7bdc05832274ac”
}
}

So I think this app doesn’t submit to both app store.

Then how can I build standalone app and submit to Google Play Store and Apple Store.

Anybody who knows fixing this issue?
I’m very happy to hear your advance.

Thanks.

Hey @waterflower,

Once you eject, you’ll want to build release versions of your app to submit to the respective app stores. You’ll also need to make sure you’ve published your JS bundle so there is a manifest to be found at the productionURL which your release builds will point to in order to download your JS. Once you have your .ipa you’ll want to use Application Loader to upload it to App Store Connect. With your .apk, you’ll want to open up the Google Play Console and add it there.

Cheers,

Adam

Thank you very much for your reply, Adam.
I have another issue.
For submitting app to both store, executed expo publish and after I have made standalone app from xcode and android studio.

And install apk on my phone. Then app shows blue screen with “Could now load app. Are you sure XDE or expo is running”.

How can I make standalone app?
Thanks.

Hey @waterflower,

Are you positive you are creating Release builds? That message should only appear from a debug build because it expects to find your JS bundle being served from one of the devtools.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.