I don't use 'npm start' or 'expo start' on windows 10, my version of expo is 3.5.0

I have the next error and I can’t update expo for the lastest version:

Starting project at C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native
Expo DevTools is running at http://localhost:19002
Opening DevTools in the browser… (press shift-d to disable)
error Invalid regular expression: /(.\fixtures\.|node_modules[\]react[\]dist[\].|website\node_modules\.|heapCapture\bundle.js|.\tests\.)$/: Unterminated character class. Run CLI with --verbose flag for more details.

SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: /(.\fixtures\.|node_modules[\]react[\]dist[\].|website\node_modules\.|heapCapture\bundle.js|.\tests\.)$/: Unterminated character class
at new RegExp ()
at blacklist (C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native\node_modules\metro-config\src\defaults\blacklist.js:34:10)
at getBlacklistRE (C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native\node_modules\react-native\node_modules@react-native-community\cli\build\tools\loadMetroConfig.js:66:59)
at getDefaultConfig (C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native\node_modules\react-native\node_modules@react-native-community\cli\build\tools\loadMetroConfig.js:82:20)
at load (C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native\node_modules\react-native\node_modules@react-native-community\cli\build\tools\loadMetroConfig.js:118:25)
at Object.runServer [as func] (C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native\node_modules\react-native\node_modules@react-native-community\cli\build\commands\server\runServer.js:82:58)
at Command.handleAction (C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native\node_modules\react-native\node_modules@react-native-community\cli\build\index.js:164:23)
at Command.listener (C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native\node_modules\commander\index.js:315:8)
at Command.emit (events.js:210:5)
at Command.parseArgs (C:\Users\ANDRES\Desktop\React-Native\node_modules\commander\index.js:651:12)
Metro Bundler process exited with code 1
Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

I suspect you’re using node 13.x.

First try upgrading to the latest version of expo-cli that has recently been released to see if it fixes the problems.
If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling node 13.x and installing node 12.x. Then install the latest expo-cli and see if that works.
If that still does not work, install expo-cli 3.5.0 on node 12.x

Please let us know the results of the above.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.