iOS standalone - rejected at review because of IPv6

i attempted to submit my standalone ios app to the appstore and got rejected.

My app is using the Facebook Component for doing FB login. Apparently it crashes on login and its related to ipv6

Your app crashed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 11.2.5 connected to an IPv6 network when we:

Tap on “Login.”

This occurred when your app was used:

• On Wi-Fi

We have attached detailed crash logs to help troubleshoot this issue.

I saw this other post

but can’t find any other information on ipv6. The original poster in the link above just rebuilt his app and apparently it got approved.

Is there something specific we need to do when consuming the facebook component and on an ipv6 network?

We are having the exact same problem with our app. Have you found a solution?

From our experience, the IPv6 reason for rejection is just a canned reason used by Apple for any network-related error. More often that not, it tends to be a red herring as demonstrated by the original poster just rebuilding and getting approved. The IPv6 is just significant to let you know what type of network they are using to test.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Adam, thank you for your response.

I finally figured it out and could resolve it. I was connecting to my backend, and I needed to setup the AAAA records of that domain to point to the ipv6 ip.

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out!

On my end it turns out we missed a step in configuration of the facebook component for IOS.

Pretty catastrophic failure tho. especially because it only fails standalone.
No error messages or anything.

We have ours working now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.