Linking.makeUrl('/') + Firebase = invalid url

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 2.11.2
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all

I’m trying to set up an authentication pattern with expo and Firebase. My plan is to have users type their email, get a link at that email (to validate they own the email address), then click the emailed link to deeplink into a route in my app.

To create the link to include in the email, I’m using const url = Linking.makeUrl('/'), then I’m using firebase to email that url to myself. When I click the emailed url from my phone, though, I get an error that I guess comes from the firebase link resolver: “No API key provided or the contine URL is not a valid URL” (continue is misspelled in the error message).

However, if I email myself the url with the tunnel connection found in the Metro Bundler (e.g. exp://6m-kc6.duhaime.appnamehere.exp.direct:80), I can open it just fine and it resolves, but query parameters I added to the url (e.g. exp://6m-kc6.duhaime.travelbirds.exp.direct:80?cats=true) are not present when the app opens the url.

My question is: Is there a way for me to consistently generate urls that will deep link into my app using Linking.makeUrl('/')? I’m sorry to ask such a basic question, but am new to links inside of apps. Any suggestions or pointers others can offer on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.