To summarize what I’ve learned about Expo and React Native versions:
- The latest Expo SDK (25) is based on React Native 0.52 from December
- The latest released version of React Native is 0.53
- The React Native docs default to showing RN 0.54-RC (but the docs are not necessarily up-to-date)
Two upcoming features I am excited about:
- RN 0.53 makes the snapToInterval property of ScrollViews work on Android, not just iOS. This is not reflected in the docs, but it is in the changelog.
- RN 0.54 will make the lineHeight style property apply to TextInputs on iOS, not just Android. This means TextInput with an explicit lineHeight will be laid out more like Text across platforms. Evidence of the change is this GitHub issue.
It’s just a waiting game at this point! Sometime in March or April, I can forget about both of these issues.