Please provide the following:
- SDK Version: 39.0.3 and 40.0.0
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
I setup expo notifications on my app using the managed workflow.
Everything works fine on iOS, but nothing is received when the app is closed. However, the sent notification arrives lately after app re-opening.
To be clear:
- When the app is open and in foreground: Works
- When the app is open but in background: Works
- When the app is closed (swipe out): Not working.
I did not have any luck digging on the documentation and the forums, except a 2 years old response of the expo team telling that it should work out of the box: Push notifications not working when app is closed
I also read a lot of notifications bug fix on Expo 40, so I will manage the upgrade soon, but nothing that seems related to my issue.
EDIT: I did the update to Expo v40. This do not resolve the issue.
I may provide more information if you ask, but as I don’t even know where to start, I would welcome even some clues or question!