Hi there. I’m currently facing a wall. Starting a project with expo looks fine (“Project opened!..”), and pressing Device⇒Open on Android will start the application on my genymotion simulator. But the application only shows a white screen, expo log stays on “Opening on Android device” and no device logs appear.
Since I cannot get any log, I have not idea why the app won’t start. Clearing XDE cache, restarting the app won’t change anything.
Here are the steps I took:
- Create a bare minimum expo project (no navigation stuff)
- Check that it works (shown on android) and commit
- add more commits with custom code
- each code modification was breaking the app on the simulator, and I thought I was fixing it by restarting the expo project.
- When I tried to change the default text, I realized that expo wasn’t showing the updated text but still the older version
- Trying to checkout older commits, up to the bare minimum expo project, didn’t fix it.
Couldn’t see any error at any point…
Using Expo XDE 2.18, expo 17, genymotion nexus 5…
Any idea what to do next ?