Panorama Viewer with GLView Expo component

1. SDK Version: 34.0.1
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS and Android

Hi, and thank you in advance for your support.
I’m trying, with no success, to make a panorama photo viewer with this code 360 viewer - Snack that use:
THREE (version 0.108.0) library and the EXPO-THREE (expo-gl - version 6.0.0) component.

I mean i can view the image but it is completely pixelized as you can see:

I just have these two warning in the console:

Warning: THREE.WebGLRenderer: OES_texture_float_linear extension not supported.
Warning: THREE.WebGLRenderer: EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic extension not supported.

I don’t know if this can be related to the problem.

Have anyone experienced with the GLView component ?

Hi expo developers, i just want to write down the solution to this problem: having a panorama view inside an expo managed app. The solution is just an workaround because i wasn’t able to make that code to run correctly. I make server side a page for a panorama view with the threejs library (three.js examples) and i’ve encapsuled it in a WebView expo component.inside my app. This was the unique solution i’ve found with a managed expo app with out eject it

I’m experiencing exactly the same issue. Seeing the image pixelized just like the screenshot in ingegnosi’s post and the same warnings.

I would not like to create the view in a WebView, but rather do it in the app normally. I suppose the 360 image was shown correctly when the 360-viewer snack had been implemented. In the 360-viewer snack GLView is imported from ‘expo’; I’m running sdk version 35 and with that I need to import GLView from ‘expo-gl’. Did something change with the gl implementation there that causes the pixelization?

If anyone has any insight on this, would be greatly appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.