Problem creating IPA

I’m using expo build:ios and let expo manage all credentials etc.
while the build process finishes, when I look into the build logs, under ‘building and signing IPA’ I can see the following error messages:
[stderr] 2018-11-26 06:16:40.312 xcodebuild[36598:2413805] DVTProvisioningProfileManager: Failed to load profile “/Users/expo/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/68f102a4-b099-4893-825b-d1c6cc7f89ae.mobileprovision” (Error Domain=DVTProvisioningProfileProviderErrorDomain Code=1 “Failed to load profile.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to load profile., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Profile is missing the required UUID property.})

I then download the .ipa file and try to use Application Loader to get it on my device. it tells me the following:
‘Application Loader is unable to upload your package. No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier ‘com.myself.myjobsapp4’ is correct.’

on developers.apple.com, I can see the new provisioning profile created.
type of ‘iOS Distribution’, but I also see it has 1 Certificate but 0 devices.
However, if I create my own profile, of type ‘iOS Development’, I can add devices to it.

any ideas how to fix this / what I’m doing wrong?

Hey @rjgu,

I’ve seen another user report seeing the same thing. I’ve pinged internally about this and will circle back with updates when I have news.

Cheers,

Adam

Hey @rjgu,
could you please try to regenerate your credentials and build again?
expo build:ios --clear-credentails

Hi @dsokal, @adamjnav -

I have rebuilt the project with clear-credentials. I’m still seeing the exact same error in the log files.
UUID property missing in the profile.
I look at the profile and it still has 0 devices in it.
Could it be that I have a free apple developer account and therefore cannot create a profile for iOS Distribution that has a device in it? when I create the profile manually, it does not give me the option to add a device.
if I choose iOS Development, I can add a device.

would the solution be to ask whether to create an iOS Distribution or iOS Development profile in the cli?

many thanks.

Could you please share your build id with me? Thanks!

sure, how do I do that?
the link to the standalone slug is:
https://expo.io/artifacts/87f0743b-9da1-42f6-bf88-a4cd25f33398

Just copy the url of the build logs page.

oh, ok :slight_smile:
here it is:
https://expo.io/builds/ad6f67a5-c0c8-416a-b72e-3ce29b41113d

the id should be: ad6f67a5-c0c8-416a-b72e-3ce29b41113d

does that work?

Yeah, I’ve been able to reproduce the issue. Working on the fix right now.

@rjgu please rebuild your app and let me know if errors went away.

Hi @dsokal - many thanks for looking at this. yes, the error in the build logs went away.
however, I still can’t load the .ipa to the device.
I’m using Application Loader, and I get:
Application Loader is unable to upload your package.
No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier ‘com.myself.myjobsapp4’ is correct.

I still think there is an issue with the provisioning profile. this is what is generated:

It has Devices: 0 total in it.

any ideas?

1. That’s good errors went away.
  2. It’s not a problem that there is “Devices: 0 total”, I have the same for provisioning profiles of apps which I’ve managed to upload to App Store.
  3. That’s strange you’re getting “No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier …”.
  • Are you absolutely sure you’re using the same Apple ID for uploading your app with Application Loader? This may be the case.
  • If you’re using the same account then go to Apple Developer portal, revoke Distribution Certificate, Push Notifications Certificate and Provisioning Profile for your app and start over with expo build:ios --clear-credentials
  • I’m almost sure the problem is not on the Expo side, but I’ll still try to help you :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks a lot for your awesome help and response. you guys rock!

I haven’t figured out the entire chain yet, but have made progress. Application Loader now is fine. The issue was that I had to go into App Store Connect and add my application there.
I’m now trying to figure out how to load it directly onto my device without going through any review/approval process - but that has nothing to do with expo.

thanks again for the help!

Ricardo.

1 Like

Glad you got things going again, @rjgu!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.