Standalone build error - associatedDomains for Branch

Error from Apple Application Loader

[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] DBG-X: parameter Errors = [ERROR ITMS-90046: “Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle’s signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value ‘’ for key ‘com.apple.developer.associated-domains’ in ‘Payload/Exponent.app/Exponent’ is not supported."]
[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] DBG-X: parameter ErrorCode = 1102
[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] DBG-X: parameter Success = false
[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] DBG-X: parameter FilesToUpload = [metadata.xml, 20170707-color-of-wine.ipa]
[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] DBG-X: parameter MinimumFileSizeThresholdForCheckum = 104857600
[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] ERROR: ERROR ITMS-90046: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle’s signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '
’ for key ‘com.apple.developer.associated-domains’ in ‘Payload/Exponent.app/Exponent’ is not supported.”
[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] DBG-X: The error code is: 1102
[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] INFO: Done performing authentication.
[2017-07-10 13:29:00 EDT] DBG-X: Returning 1

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
/var/folders/m8/c66l413s1fs1s6crkfkwt7z00000gn/T/45860A35-FBE3-4123-9566-3F140597CDB2/1218648091.itmsp - Error Messages:
ERROR ITMS-90046: “Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle’s signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value ‘*’ for key ‘com.apple.developer.associated-domains’ in ‘Payload/Exponent.app/Exponent’ is not supported.”

Hi there,

Could you send the contents of your app/exp.json?

Thanks,
-Adam

If you “view package contents” on the .ipa we provided, do you see a .entitlements file in there? If so, can you paste the contents of that file as well? (or send privately if you don’t want to share here.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> aps-environment production com.apple.developer.associated-domains applinks:fkad.app.link

“ios”: {
“associatedDomains”: [“applinks:fkad.app.link”],

Huh, your entitlements file looks correct to me. I googled your error and got this thread, which suggests that maybe you have a provisioning profile with a wildcard id, or some other configuration needs to be done on your app’s Bundle Identifier maybe?

Cleaned out the provisioning profiles including the wildcard id - didn’t seem to help.

Any other ideas or manual methods to remove the key value pair in violation?

What about ensuring your app’s bundle identifier has the right entitlements? This would also be something you’d do in the developer portal. cc @janic in case you have any input here.

Do you mean selecting the Application Services on the App Id? It’s actually when I disable Associated Domains that iTunes accepts the build, as others in the forum you linked have said. Except that would mean no Associated Domains…

Also running into this exact problem. I found the offending key in Payload/Exponent.app/archived-expanded-entitlements.xcent. Not sure how to remove/change this declaration though.

<key>com.apple.developer.associated-domains</key>
<string>*</string>

My Payload/Exponent.app/Exponent.entitlements is as follows

<dict>
        <key>aps-environment</key>
        <string>production</string>
        <key>com.apple.developer.associated-domains</key>
        <array>
                <string>applinks:getsparks.io</string>
        </array>
</dict>

app.json has:

"ios": {
  "associatedDomains": ["applinks:getsparks.io"]
},

I’ve regenerated my app’s provisioning profile and certs to enable associated domains, and even updated/restarted xcode and os. There aren’t any wildcard ids that i can see.

It looks like a related project needed to write some custom code to overwrite the com.apple.developer.associated-domains key properly. See the discussion at https://github.com/openbakery/gradle-xcodePlugin/issues/286

@ben Is it possible that the builder pipeline needs to be updated to account for this case?

expo team is aware of the issue and will be rolling out a fix soon. In the meantime, you can re-sign your own binary if needed. Basic instructions here: https://gist.github.com/wli/ec2999046a5b0483e9598e40e1616b74

2 Likes

Hey guys, any update on this? I just ran into this error today. @boost did you just sign your own binary?

1 Like

@lightninglu10 this issue is quite old and this is the first I’m seeing of someone running into it for a while. Do you think you could post a new topic with the exact error text you’re seeing and what steps you’ve taken?

closed #15