standard ios app size problem.

Hi. I have some question.

1. I made a simple app with expo. But ipa file is over 100Mb in size. I know that includig the other libraries of expo, so file size is big. and deploy app store, everthing is ok. but why is not Android apk file? I already build same app in android, apk file size just 17Mb.

2. the app is deploy and using in my company. I won’t deploy in the App Store. if the app size change when I build it with an Apple enterprise account?

3. how can I build app using Apple enterprise account?

thanks.

Hey @chanho,

1. Although the .ipa file size is large, the actual download size for users is much smaller. Also, reducing the file size even further is something were working on
  2. I don’t see why the .ipa file size would increase because you used an Apple Enterprise Account
  3. See our docs for Building Standalone Apps

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks, @charliecruzan

more questions.

1. you mean, actually getting the size down when the user downloads it? I’ll make a plist file, and user click the download file like this link (ios - How to distribute enterprise iPA files - Stack Overflow)

2. just login apple enterprise account? that’s it?

Thanks!

Happy to help!

1. No, Apple does something called ‘App Thinning’

2. Yes, just follow the steps in our docs (which I linked in my first reply)

Thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.