TypeError: _os.platform is not a function. (In '_os.platform()', '_os.platform' is undefined)

I was happily running the Chrome debugger w/iOS Simulator and making formatting tweaks when everything hung.

So I quit the simulator & closed expo in the terminal window, ran expo start -c, then invoked the simulator again.

Now it always hangs at 99.5% and then gives me this error:
TypeError: _os.platform is not a function. (In ‘_os.platform()’, ‘_os.platform’ is undefined)

I have shut down debugging
erased the simulator device
watchman watch-del-all
rm -rf node_modules
rm -rf /tmp/metro-bundler-cache-*
rm -rf /tmp/haste-map-react-native-packager-*
yarn --check-files

and still this happens.

I will uninstall expo and reinstall it next - but does anyone know what’s going on?
Thanks!

UPDATE: uninstalled npm/expo did not change anything

Here’s the full joy I am seeing:

TypeError: _os.platform is not a function. (In ‘_os.platform()’, ‘_os.platform’ is undefined)

getNodeSystem
AppEntry.bundle?platform=ios&dev=true&minify=false&hot=false:162305:36

typescript.js:5996:24

typescript.js:6005:8

typescript.js:6015:5
loadModuleImplementation
require.js:322:6

AppEntry.bundle?platform=ios&dev=true&minify=false&hot=false:155769:32
loadModuleImplementation

AppEntry.bundle?platform=ios&dev=true&minify=false&hot=false:123991:65
loadModuleImplementation

AppEntry.js:3
loadModuleImplementation
guardedLoadModule
require.js:201:45
global code
AppEntry.bundle?platform=ios&dev=true&minify=false&hot=false:307286:4

Final update for anyone who runs into this.
After removing Expo with no joy, I rolled back my application changes to the last time it ran successfully (thank you, github), losing 2 days of work (my bad), and then made my changes one by one.

Haven’t yet completed this stepping along, but it looks like something in the changes I made to a screen render is what borked me.

Seems like that shouldn’t be the case, but that’s what I have so far. If I identify precisely what I did in the render I will update again.